Susie Moore is a speaker, confidence coach, author, and course creator. She is a former Silicon Valley Sales Director, and she’s now a PR expert; her goal is to help people love their lives. She has been in over 300 media publications, including Oprah.com, Marie Claire, Business Insider, Forbes, Refinery29, the Today show, and Inc. She has over 330,000 email subscribers who receive her weekly confidence injection newsletter. She’s the host of the Let It Be Easy with Susie Moore podcast, where she breaks down barriers to success and personal happiness.
Thought leaders like Arianna Huffington, Paulo Coelho, Kris Jenner, and Sara Blakely have shared her work. She is the author of Stop Checking Your Likes: Shake Off the Need for Approval and Live an Incredible Life and What If It Does Work Out?: How a Side Hustle Can Change Your Life. Her latest book is Let It Be Easy: Simple Ways to Stop Stressing & Start Living, a book about simple changes that help us recast failures into success and have an easier life.
We dive into why she wrote and launched Let It Be Easy and its effect on her and her audience. She shares her passion for helping women have strong and successful lives while relaxed and not constantly stressed. She shares her launch methods, including back-to-back Instagram Lives, speaking gigs, book purchases, and purchase bonuses. Then we do a case study focusing on Self Publishing School. Susie talks about how you either need to hire a very high-end publicist with the proper connection or implement a DIY method. There is so much great information in this fun interview.
- [02:57] She wrote and launched Let It Be Easy, because she’s obsessed with letting us love ourselves enough to let our lives be easier. High achieving women often overcomplicate things and expect them to be hard.
- [03:38] We can be strong and relaxed and enjoy our lives. Let’s enjoy the process and not bring stress to it.
- [04:54] Susie wrote her book to share how she doesn’t get overwhelmed. She wants to be known as the guide to an easier way in the world. Her book is part of her brand.
- [07:03] Her first book was self-published. She’s also leaning towards self publishing her fourth book. You find your stride with your second book, and your third book is the one that you really wanted to write. You are more confident and speaking from a place of self-assuredness.
- [08:47] You have to ask for help when launching books and reaching out to influential friends is a great way. On the first day of her launch, Susie did 20 Instagram Lives.
- [11:01] Being in the speaker world and making yourself accessible is also a great way to promote your books. With the help of Zoom, you can have a conversation in any market. Having book buys included with your speaking engagement is a great idea.
- [12:49] She had 20 back to back interviews. Then she asked people two things they did to make their lives easier.
- [14:45] At the end of each interview, she offered a book bonus that ended at midnight.
- [17:19] Chapter 17 in Published talks about the review sweeper method. Also, use a short link to make getting reviews and promotion easier. I also share methods for audiobook promotion.
- [20:02] Case Study: This is an active problem I’m trying to solve at Self Publishing School. I would like to get more PR, publicity, and speaking gigs.
- [21:18] When hiring a publicist, you need to speak to their existing clients first. With a publicist, you are paying for their connections and shortcuts. Ask questions and share your expectations.
- [23:15] A new publicist won’t have the connections you want, so you could also do everything yourself with scripts. Go high-end or DIY.
- [24:23] Have a competent bright person who can write sweet emails. Brainstorm ideas with them. See how you can contribute to the conversation and then have this person use emails to pitch for you using your email address.
- [26:55] Send out 10 pitches a week, and you will get media.
- [29:17] Have an existing person on the team do this or hire someone and also give them additional responsibilities.
- [31:08] Susie would look for this person from no longer employed and talented magazine producers and editors.
Links and Resources
- Get a Free Copy of Published
- Get the Audio Copy of Published
- Visit Self Publishing School Online
- Book a Call with Our Team
- SPS Free Training Course
- Susie Moore
- SPS 082: How To Use Guest Posting & Media To Sell Thousands Of Copies Of Your Book with Susie Moore
- Let It Be Easy with Susie Moore Podcast
- Let It Be Easy: Simple Ways to Stop Stressing & Start Living
- Stop Checking Your Likes: Shake Off the Need for Approval and Live an Incredible Life
- What If It Does Work Out?: How a Side Hustle Can Change Your Life
- Susie Moore YouTube
- Susie Moore Instagram
- Susie Moore Twitter
- Susie Moore LinkedIn