My last two podcasts were about the relaunch of my book Published.: The Proven Path From Blank Page To 10,000 Copies Sold. Now, I’m going to walk you through what I’ve learned in the process. I’m going to go over what worked and what didn’t and give you a general update as to how the launch went as a whole. I’m hoping these chronicles will be helpful to you in your book writing journey. I started this promotion on Black Friday, and I gave a free copy of the book to my past readers. I had a giveaway and a contest.
This first promotion moved 2,619 books and resulted in 69 appointments booked with my team which generated about $49,000 in revenue. Then I had a pre-release promo that moved about 1,891 books and brought in about 91 more appointments and $43,000 more in revenue. These two promos led up to the launch and were unbelievably successful. My big goal was to move 5,000 books by the end of the year, and also generate 1,000 appointments for self-publishing school. I get into that and more in this episode.
- [04:47] I had a goal of 2500 book reviews by the end of January and 1000 reviews on the audio version. I also want 1 million copies sold or given away by the end of next year.
- [05:33] Chapter 22 of the book goes into the one-year launch. I’m in the process of wrapping up the launch and moving into the one-year launch.
- [06:10] As of today, the physical copy of the book has 1051 reviews and 106 reviews on the audiobook. The campaign of people who read the first version of the book gave the review count a huge boost.
- [08:11] Getting audiobook reviews is way more difficult. The launch team concept worked really well. The influencer campaign has kind of been in waves. It has led to podcast reviews.
- [11:29] Supply chain issues have slowed down the pre-sale purchases from getting into the hands of the buyers.
- [12:33] Chapter 14 of the book is about building buzz, and I’ve been experimenting with a lot of different social media campaigns. Podcast interviews have worked well.
- [14:42] The giveaway has been good, but when there are too many steps things are less likely to happen.
- [18:11] My plan for the next year is to do 25 podcast interviews every month. I’m going to be doubling down on many of the concepts in the book like creating evergreen assets.
- [21:17] With so many authors, their launch is their finish line. It should be their starting point. You have to continue to market your book.
- [23:27] Grab a copy of the audio book at https://publishedbook.com/audible. It would mean the world to me if you leave a review.
Links and Resources
- Get a Copy of The Audio Book: Published
- Visit Self Publishing School Online
- Book a Call with Our Team
- SPS Free Training Course
- Published.: The Proven Path From Blank Page To 10,000 Copies Sold
- SPS 135: What I Learned Writing The Second Edition & Preparing To Relaunch My Book “Published.” with Chandler Bolt
- SPS 136: BEHIND THE SCENES: How I’m Launching My New Book – And How To Get A Copy with Chandler Bolt