Welcome back to another solo episode. Today is the official launch day for my book, Published. In case you missed last week’s episode, I did a solo episode about what I learned from rewriting and preparing for the relaunch of Published. I’m going to do an overview of how I’m launching this book. You get a behind-the-scenes sneak peek of everything that I’m doing.
I’m going to talk about starting with why and setting goals for your lunch. I’ll talk about the differences between an MVP launch and a traditional launch. We’re also going to go over the launch triangle. I’m going to talk about what it is and how it will help you with your book launch. I’m also going to share the main book promotions that I’ve been doing as part of launch week.
I’ll also get into the difference between advertising and a book promotion. These are key concepts that I go in-depth on in the second relaunched book. Then we’re going to talk about the one-year launch and what’s next. Next week, I might do a recap of how everything went. The book is Published.: The Proven Path From Blank Page To 10,000 Copies Sold. If you grab a copy of the book from the giveaway link you can enter to win a trip to Bolt Farm Treehouse.
- [03:39] Begin with the end in mind. What is the purpose for the book? What is the purpose for the launch? There’s an ideal outcome for you as an author and an ideal outcome for the readers.
- [06:11] My first goal is to move 5,000 copies by the end of the year. My second goal is 1,000 calls booked. I also have a goal of getting 2500 reviews on the print book and 1000 reviews on the audiobook. My bigger goal is to sell a million copies by 2022.
- [07:53] MVP means minimum viable product. This is a great launch for first-time authors.
- [08:15] I’m following a traditional launch. I’m doing podcast interviews, influencer boxes, and a lot more traditional book marketing. Your launch is a spectrum of how much you can scale.
- [09:21] The launch triangle is essential for any launch. This means you need a launch team, reviews, and promotions. My launch team has 150 people, and I have a goal of 100 reviews from them. One-on-one Outreach is great for reviews.
- [10:59] My main promotions include an influencer campaign, a launch week giveaway, and a lot of podcast promotion. The virtual book tour is in chapter 24 of the book.
- [11:58] I’m also doing a 50 free book giveaway. I have a custom link for each podcast I appear on, and I give away 50 books from that link.
- [13:00] I also did a pre-sales campaign for Black Friday and leading up to the launch. I’m sending a box containing the book for the influencer campaign. During launch week, I’m focusing on the giveaway.
- [18:36] I’m looking at this as a one-year launch. Chapter 21 is all about the one-year launch. Take the one-year launch approach and use launch week to build evergreen marketing assets.
Links and Resources
- Published Book Giveaway
- Visit Self Publishing School Online
- Book a Call with Our Team
- SPS Free Training Course
- Published.: The Proven Path From Blank Page To 10,000 Copies Sold
- SPS 135: What I Learned Writing The Second Edition & Preparing To Relaunch My Book “Published.” with Chandler Bolt
- Bolt Farm Treehouse