Jordan Lee Dooley is the author of Own Your Everyday: Overcome the Pressure to Prove and Show Up for What You Were Made to Do, a book that helps empower women to lead a purpose-driven life. It features actionable steps and is loaded with helpful tools. She also has a new book called Embrace Your Almost: Find Clarity and Contentment in the In-Betweens, Not-Quites, and Unknowns, that is about to be released. This one is a no-nonsense guide to living the life you want, even when things don’t always go as planned.
She’s also the host of The She Podcast, a workshop-style podcast filled with valuable information women need to know. Jordan has an interesting story. She started out running an Etsy shop, then she began blogging, launched a podcast, and became a best-selling author. We get to learn about her business and journey. We start with why she wrote her book and the message she wanted to share. She shares her story and her evolution to where she is now in her business.
Jordan gives us tips on using Instagram to promote her book and for lead generation. She talks about the importance of consistency, and we dive into tips for shareable content, including what Instagram carousels are all about. She also shares how she had a launch team of 3000 people and how a photo of empty shelves at Target helped sell her book. We talk about the value of micro-influencers. We also get to learn what she is doing differently with her new book, tips on writing and revising, and a lot more fun and valuable information.
- [01:59] Jordan wrote her first book to share a message of overcoming pressure and walking in the things we are meant to do.
- [03:05] She was naturally a storyteller. Her social media began growing when she was writing about relevant topics. She wanted to extend her message and build authority with a book.
- [05:32] Etsy was her first side hustle and hobby. She used Instagram and Facebook to sell her products. Then she added wedding photography. An editor reached out to her, and she was able to work on her book idea. She also launched a podcast.
- [08:19] She also has a course called Own It Academy.
- [09:28] Instagram and her podcast are her main tools to get new listeners and readers. She makes Instagram very shareable.
- [10:48] She used her platforms to create soul ties on faith and relationships. She likes to focus on shareable bits and post consistently.
- [13:29] Designing a shareable carousel. You can post up to ten slides. Treat it like a mine article with a cover image. Have an intriguing title. Make sure some are something people want to share.
- [16:16] The four Ps of a best-seller are person, pain, promise, and price.
- [19:48] Using fear of missing out and a sticker wall to build momentum and excitement. Making a difference by being part of the movement.
- [21:33] A huge thing that sold the book was sending it to micro-influencers in waves.
- [23:47] The launch team helped with the number of reviews. She had a 3000 person launch team.
- [27:36] She is giving away her second book early. They are also going to have continuing weekly bonuses to get people to join.
- [29:17] Parting advice includes it’s okay to take your time and write slower and allow time to revise.
Links and Resources
- Get a Free Copy of Published
- Get the Audio Copy of Published
- Visit Self Publishing School Online
- Book a Call with Our Team
- SPS Free Training Course
- Jordan Lee Dooley
- Own It Academy
- Jordan Lee Dooley Facebook
- Jordan Lee Dooley Instagram
- Jordan Lee Dooley Twitter
- Own Your Everyday: Overcome the Pressure to Prove and Show Up for What You Were Made to Do
- Embrace Your Almost: Find Clarity and Contentment in the In-Betweens, Not-Quites, and Unknowns