Sales Development Representative
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
We’ll be accepting applicants until Thursday, December 10th at 11:59pm PST
Do you LOVE the art of sales and helping others?
Are you the TOP sales development rep at your company?
Then please read on…
Self Publishing School is an online school that helps people write & publish books, launch and market them effectively, and ultimately build their career as a full time author or build a business on the back of their book.
We deliver an incredible product with a student success rate that’s second to none. We’re also very good at driving leads…400+ leads per day.
Currently we have more qualified leads than we have the ability to call on, and that’s where you come in…
The purpose of this role is to convert warm leads into customers for Self Publishing School in the most effective & efficient manner possible.
This will be done via consultative phone calls with prospects that have opted in to one of our free or low ticket resources for authors. The Sales Development Rep will be responsible for first learning about the aspiring author’s goals, what has been holding them back, and where they are in the process. We then transition into setting no-cost appointments with one of our publishing strategists that are responsible for going deeper with the prospect, explaining our programs, and ultimately helping them get enrolled in Self Publishing School if it is a good fit on both sides.
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located all over the country.
What you’ll be doing…
Day to day, you’ll be making outbound phone calls to prospects that have already opted into one of our free or low cost resources for authors. They may have attended a webinar on how to write and publish a book, purchased a copy of Published, gone through our 24 Hour Book Outline Challenge, or opted into a whole host of other tools that we have to support authors before they are even a part of Self Publishing School.
As part of this opportunity, you’ll also be a part of a VERY fast paced and high growth company. You’re getting in at the ground floor of a growing sales team, and will have input and responsibility as we grow the team.
This is for you if:
- You’re the top rep at your current company (or at least in the top 5%)
- You’re great with people – and not afraid to challenge them to be their best
- You have a strong internal drive to help people through sales of a product you believe in, and hate missing out on potential sales opportunities
- You are an action taker, you’re good at problem solving and figuring things out on your own with minimal direction… you know how to create your own structured work environment.
- You are process driven – you don’t just look at a task, but innovate and find ways to improve the entire system
- You’re coachable. You seek out growth opportunities at any change you get – actively reading and learning from books or courses to get better at your role
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have less than 2 years of sales experience
- Have been in sales for a long time and are looking for a job where you can “coast to the finish line”
- Don’t have the drive and ability to self motivate
- Have no interest in books
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
30 Day Targets:
- Learn all tech systems & product offerings to be effective in the position
- Average 2 appointments set per day
- Close rate of 20% on appointments set
60 Day Targets:
- Average 3 appointments set per day
- Close rate of 25% on appointments set
- $60,000 in revenue from appointments booked in month 2
90 Day Targets:
- Average 4 appointments set per day
- Close rate of 30% on appointments set
- $80,000 in revenue from appointments booked in month 3
- # of sales appointments booked
- Appointments booked conversion rate
- Revenue from appointments booked
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 2 years of VERY high performance as a sales rep
- Minimum of $250,000 in sales of any product / service in the past
- CRM & sales process experience
- At least 5 years of high performance sales experience (selling $250k+ per year)
- Minimum of $1M in lifetime sales of any product / service
- Experience with low ticket, high volume sales (ie. $5k max sales price, 1-2 call close) rather than longer cycle B2B/enterprise sales
- Base: Full-time salary (~$35,000/year)
- Commission: Sliding scale based on production
- On target earnings in year 1 of $70,000-$95,000 including your base salary and compensation based on your ability to sell.
- Our top performing Sales Development Reps can earn $100,000-$130,000 annually.
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699), in 2019 (#1,483), and in 2020 (#1,944) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 27 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
Two times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 45-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: selfpublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until December 10, 2020 at 11:59 PST. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: [email protected]