You may have heard of Marisa Murgatroyd and her Experience Product Masterclass and wondered what the hype is all about. We’re going to peel back the curtain to take a closer look at the class and overview how to decide if it’s a fit for you and your business.
Let’s start with the basics. The Experience Product Masterclass is a 12-week course that promises to teach you how to harness the power of “experience products” to make at least $2,000 in the next 10 weeks.
First of all, what’s an “experience” product? It’s an information product that keeps your students engaged and hooked on taking action and getting results.
I’ve gone through the Experience Product Masterclass training and can attest to Marisa’s expertise, the course’s actionable step-by-step guidance, and the high-quality training in both the core modules and the extensive bonuses. If you want to learn how to leverage the power of online courses from a product-creation master, then look no further than Experience Product Masterclass.
Who is Marisa Murgatroyd?
Marisa is the founder of Live Your Message, where she turns entrepreneurs into online superheroes. At 4’11 and a quarter, she’s called the shortest woman in marketing, but that doesn’t stop her from having huge ideas.
She’s the “go to” brand builder for industry luminaries and heavyweights such as Justin Livingston, Callan Rush, Danny Iny, Alexis Neely and Susan Peirce Thompson.
Marisa helps entrepreneurs create a business that is authentic and aligned with who they are, to empower them to turn up the dial on their “inner superhero,” so they can be the superhero to their audience, as well as in their own lives.
What is the Experience Product Masterclass?
Do you dream of designing and launching online courses people actually want to purchase and complete? The Experience Product Masterclass teaches you how to combine gamification, adult learning theory, and the psychology of motivation to create an unforgettable experience for your students — whoever they may be.
No matter whether you’re just starting out and you’re still searching for your first product idea, or you already have a product that you’d like to see perform better, this program will teach you how to design and launch a product that gets real results.
Here’s the Experience Product Masterclass promise: “Harness the Power of ‘Experience Products’ to Make at Least $2,000 in the Next 10 Weeks…GUARANTEED!”
What you’ll learn in the Experience Product Masterclass
The Experience Product Masterclass training itself consists of five modules packed with practical training you can take action on right away.
Module 1—Your Lightbulb Moment
This section focuses on setting revenue goals, studying the market, determining your product price point, designing your profit plan and building out your product-to-market timeline.
Module 2—Nailing Your Offer
From there you’ll focus on figuring out your product category, learning how to connect with your customers on an emotional level, creating your product origin story and choosing your product name.
Module 3—Crafting the Perfect Experience
Here is where you’ll take a big-picture view of your product and begin designing your signature system, process or framework. The Experience Product method of product creation incorporates 10 core experiences, which move you (and your students) from mission to mission accomplished.
Module 4—Experience Marketing Essentials
This module helps you connect with your deepest “whys” so you can move past marketing objections and promote your product to the people who need it most. Learn about different types of marketing campaigns and how to start small with a beta launch.
Module 5—Deliver the Wow
Once you’ve launched the beta version of your product you’re now positioned to learn from your students and iterate your way to awesome. This is the Experience Product method to develop products your students love: the anti-perfectionist, earn while you learn, just in time approach to product delivery.
- A personal success coach (Includes 10 90-minute “open office” group calls)
- The Profitable Product Idea Challenge and Student Success Challenge Bundle (free five-day challenge to kick off the Experience Product Masterclass)
- Niche Down, Profits Up ($497 value)
- Sales for Superheroes ($997 value)
- Two Tuition Waivers to Live Your Message LIVE (Virtual Edition)
- Three-month Growth Account on the Xperiencify Platform
- Done-for-You Membership Site on Xperiencify
- Graduation Bonus: Lifetime license to use the Experience Product trademark ($1,000/year value)
- Mission Accomplished Bonus: Speak! How to Use Talks and Webinars to Grow Your Business ($997 value)
This course offers almost 40 hours of live coaching in addition to material and support designed to guide you through the entire process of creating your own experience product.
How the live coaching breaks down:
- 10 x 90-minute live group coaching calls with Marisa
- 10 x 90-minute implementation calls with Marisa’s team of certified coaches
- 3 3-hour coachathons with Marisa
- Access to the Experience Masterclass private Facebook Group where you can ask questions and get advice from coaches and students
Full Disclaimer: We are affiliates of the Live Your Message course. This does not affect the review of this course. What it does mean is if you purchase Experience Product Masterclass through our link, we’ll earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Start With the Profitable Product Idea Challenge
This exciting course launches with a simple five-day challenge where you have a chance to check out the membership site while also figuring out what the perfect product is to create for your ideal customer. The challenge also reviews positioning, branding and building experiences around the information you’re presenting.
The Profitable Product Idea Challenge will help you uncover your perfect product idea, which you can bring with you when you start the Experience Product Masterclass. To make the most of this challenge, prepare to dedicate between 10 and 20 minutes per day to the teaching.
Day 1: The Four Proven Approaches to Online Course Creation
Learn four easy and proven formulaic approaches to selecting your perfect product idea.
Day 2: The 20 Most Profitable Mega-Niches
Pick the perfect niche from a list of 20 most profitable online courses.
Day 3: Identify Your Micro-Niche
Decide on your topic using the E-Z topic checklist creator.
Day 4: Define Your Target Audience
Discover your target audience using a simple Google trick!
Day 5: State Your Mission
Craft your product mission statement using a fill-in-the-blank template.
A Look at the Experience Product Masterclass Lessons
Here’s what’s covered in each module throughout the 12-week masterclass.
Module 1—Your Lightbulb Moment
- Show Me the Money: Create Your Product Revenue Goals
- Right Product Right Market Right Time: Choose What Type of Experience Product You Want to Create First
- Experience Pricing: Set Your Product Pricepoint
- Running the Numbers: Design Your 10-Week Profit Plan
- Schedule Your Way to Success: Create Your Idea-to-Market Timeline
- The Chatterbox Campaign: Validate Your Idea, Show Up & Sell
- (Optional) Test Your Product Idea: Run Your First Give Them What They Want Campaign
Module 2—Nailing Your Offer
- Pass the 3 Second Test: Design Your 5-Step Product Sales Sequence
- What Is It? Define Your Product Category & Micro-Niche
- Why Should I Care? Enroll Hearts & Minds with Your Product Mission & Future Self Vision
- (Optional) Captivate & Connect: Tell Your Product Origin Story
- I’m Your Guy or Gal: Build Credibility with Who You Are
- The Art of Naming: Craft Your Blockbuster Product Name
- (Optional) Get Noticed Anywhere: Create Your Visual Product Branding
- (Optional) Turning “I Don’t Know” Into “I’m In”: Overcome Concerns with a Scary “You Can’t Fail Guarantee”
- There’s No Time Like Now: Create Real Urgency
- (Optional) But, Wait, There’s More! Supplement Your Offer with the Right Bonuses
Module 3—Crafting the Perfect Experience
- Earn While You Learn: The Anti-Perfectionist Path to Rapid Product Creation
- Take a Bird’s Eye View: Define Your Signature System, Process or Framework
- Homing In on the How: The 7-Step Product Brainstorming Process
- What’s In the Box: Translate Your Bird’s Eye View System Into Features & Benefits
- Experience Exclamation: Getting from Mission to Mission Accomplished
- Core Experience #4: Constant Wins
- Core Experience #5: Normalizing Challenges
- Core Experience #6: Peak Emotional Experiences
- Core Experience #7: Feedback Loops
- Core Experience #8: Community
- Core Experience #9: Unstoppable Momentum
- Core Experience #10: Mission Accomplished
- Bringing It All Together: Your 10x Delivery Checklist
- Ready, Aim, Fire: Create Your Experience Product Design & Delivery Schedule
Module 4—Experience Marketing Essentials
- Marketing Mindset: Redefine Marketing & Connect with Your Big Whys
- Bring in the Bucks: Create Your Experience Product Launch Plan
- Make It Beta: Star Small, Release the Pressure & Iterate Your Way to Awesome Fast
- The Start with an Experience Campaign: Hook Them With a Taste of What You Do
- The Application Campaign: Pre-Qualify Your Customers, Students and Clients
- The Perfect Email Campaign: Win Them Over One Message at a Time
- The Fast Result Campaign: How to Design Free Gifts that Build Your List & Sell Your Products
- (Optional) Website ATM: The Only 4 Pages You Need to Sell Anything
- (Optional) Copywriting Basics: Writing Headlines, Bullets & Copy that Sells
- The Marketing Mindfuck: How to Reach Mission Accomplished No Matter What
Module 5—Deliver the Wow
- I’m Glad You’re Here: The Art of Creating Engagement from Moment 1 of Day 1
- Disciplined Creativity: Organize Your Product Creation
- Product Delivery, Simplified: Serve Without the Fuss
- Just in Time Delivery: How to Become a Mindreader Without Being Psychic
- The Psychology of Imperfection: Make Your Product Better by Letting Go
Experience Product Masterclass Review
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to design, market, and make $2,000 (or a whole lot more) with an Experience Product in 10 weeks or less, so you can get off the marketing treadmill, make more sales, and have greater impact.
The course begins with this mission statement and it’s repeated many times throughout the training. It’s impossible to lose sight of the goal. As soon as you log into the membership site for Experience Product Masterclass it’s clear the course was designed with your success in mind. The dashboard is bright and easy to navigate and the modules are laid out in an intuitive way.
Before you get started with Module 1, you’re prompted to watch a welcome video and customize your goals for the course where you’ll experience the fun, gamification of the membership site: experience points.
Every time you check off a lesson, task, or goal you’ll hear an encouraging sound and see some confetti. It may seem like a silly feature, but the deeper you go into the training the more you’ll find those little “huzzah!” moments especially satisfying. These small wins help you keep going through the material even when it feels tough.
It’s obvious Marisa knows her stuff, and throughout the training she uses tons of personal examples of her own failures and successes, as well as case studies from her students, to help reinforce the teaching. The training is extremely thorough and easy to follow. It is high quality, uses proven strategies and has good video and audio production.
Another reason why this course is so good is because Marisa practices what she preaches—the Experience Product Masterclass is set up exactly the way she instructs you to create your product. The lessons are also good at showing rather than just telling. You’ll learn about a concept in one training and then see it put into practice in a later lesson, helping you connect the dots.
If you’re ready to invest the time into growing your business through creating and launching products, the Experience Product Masterclass is for you.
Experience Product Masterclass Pros
In addition to my positive review, here are a few more pros for joining the Experience Product Masterclass.
You’ll plan and launch a product in 10 weeks
There’s an expected outcome in this course, not just passive learning. If you want to create an impactful product that connects with your ideal customers, then this is the course to walk you through it. Not only does it do a deep dive and guide you step-by-step through the process, you have access to coaching and support throughout the 10-week sprint from idea to product delivery.
You have access to your own certified coach and personal coaching
Going through an experience with a steady coach by your side helps you reach your goals faster and the value of this aspect of the course cannot be overstated. The support within the Live Your Message team is wonderful and getting the chance to be coached by Marisa and her team is something you don’t want to miss.
Hundreds of success stories
The Experience Product Masterclass launches once per year and it gets a little bit better every time. There are more than 1,400 success stories you can browse through and feel confident this is a trustworthy product with predictable results.
Optional overachiever track
You have the choice of two tracks while going through the Experience Product Masterclass. The core track is the bare essentials, great for the person who is just getting started or doesn’t have a lot of extra time to spare. If you’re coming into this course with previous experience or are ready to go all in and make the most out of EPM and your experience product, then you can with the overachiever track, which offers additional in-depth training and strategies.
The course has two payment options: a one-time payment of $1,997 or six installments of $379. For those who don’t have a spare $2,000 kicking around, the payment plan is a nice option.
The “success guarantee”
This is not an inexpensive course but there is a “you can’t fail” guarantee that definitely takes the sting out! If you put in the work and follow the steps outlined in the Experience Product Masterclass and you don’t make $2,000 in the program, Marisa will personally send you a check for the difference up to $2,000.
Experience Product Masterclass Cons
Just like any course, while it has many positive attributes, there are also some aspects you may not love as much.
The material is very thorough and could be overwhelming
While there is a BIG prize waiting for you on the other side of the Experience Product Masterclass, this is not going to be an easy 12 weeks. There’s a lot of work involved, and a lot of material to go through. If you’re new to online courses, online products or marketing, then you may find the learning curve quite steep. The information you need to create and launch a product that makes at least $2,000 in 10 weeks is all there, but you still have to learn it and take action each and every lesson. Make sure you’re up for the challenge before signing on.
You have to set aside time to go through the training every week
While you certainly can go through the course material at your own pace (you get lifetime access to the training once you purchase), you’re missing out on the main benefit of going through the Experience Product Masterclass in the expected timeframe. Honestly, the biggest value is the support and coaching you get as part of the live launch. To make the most of this opportunity, you do need to set aside time to work on your lessons, do your weekly missions, keep up with the coursework, and take part in the community and coaching.
If you miss the annual enrollment, you have to wait another year to join
The Experience Product Masterclass only opens once a year so if you procrastinate or miss the deadline then you’re out of luck till next year.
Premium price tag
This course is not cheap; $1,997 is a big investment and something not to be taken lightly. If you’re serious about putting in the work to create and launch a product in 10 weeks that makes $2,000 or more, then this is money well spent. However, if you’re not quite there yet, then this may not be the right investment for you right now.
To get a refund, you have to do the work
You can’t just try the course on, change your mind and ask for your money back. You have to give it a complete effort and follow all the steps outlined in Experience Product Masterclass. If you fail to make $2,000 after implementing everything you’ve learned within the 10-week period, then you’ll qualify for the success guarantee.
Who is the Experience Product Masterclass For?
This course is designed for both new and experienced online business builders, and there are two tracks available depending on your previous experience and available time.
While you do need some time set aside to spend on going through the lessons and taking action on your experience product, you don’t have to take time off from your day job or drastically change your lifestyle in order to fit Experience Product Masterclass in. You do need to make time for it though.
Here’s who the Experience Product Masterclass is the best fit for:
- If you want to create and launch an online product, this course is for you
- If you’ve created a product in the past but it’s not performing like you think it should, this course is for you
- If you’re looking for a way to leverage your time and scale your business, this course is for you
- If you want to make a bigger impact through sharing your message, this course is for you
Here’s who the Experience Product Masterclass is not a great fit for:
- If you’re looking to generate passive income while you sleep without learning how to make money while you’re awake, this course isn’t a fit
- If you aren’t interested in creating experience products, this course isn’t a fit
- If you are already creating and launching experience products and are happy with your current income level, this course isn’t a fit (but if you’re looking to scale and grow…then it IS a fit!)
- If you’re not prepared to put in the work to create something special for your target audience, this isn’t a fit
If you’re ready to dig deep and discover what needs you can meet with your unique skills and knowledge through an experience product, then sign up for the Experience Product Masterclass today.