Sales ManagerCheck out the video below for more info on the position…
Are you an extremely motivated and driven person who LOVES changing lives by building and developing a high performing sales team?
…a team that changes lives selling a product that truly makes a difference?
Then please read on…
My name is Chandler Bolt, and I run an Online Education company called Self Publishing School. We help people write and publish a book that grows their impact, income, and business.
We believe that “books change lives” and in “leveraged impact” (I talk about this in my TEDx talk here). We jump out of bed every day excited to change people’s lives through books.
We deliver incredible products with a success rate that’s second to none. We’re also VERY good at driving leads (600+ per day) and qualified appointments for our sales team.
If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the Sales Manager (aka. “Sales Coach”) position at Self Publishing School (or maybe you know someone who would be a fit). This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front row seat (and major responsibility / autonomy) at one of the fastest growing companies in America (INC 5,000 the last 2 years in a row – #1,483 in 2019).
You’ll be on the leadership team reporting directly to me, Chandler Bolt. (click here for bio, click here for LinkedIn).
You’ll have an AMAZING team of top performing sales reps & SDR’s to work with.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): help us scale from $8M to $20M+/year over the next 1.5 years.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
The purpose of this role is to grow revenue for SPS as fast as possible by maximizing the performance of the sales team. This will be done through coaching, training, call review, script improvement, and overall sales process improvements.
This person is in charge of the creation, execution, and improvement of Self Publishing School’s sales strategy. When done right, revenue is growing month over month and reps / SDR’s are hitting quota…happy with their growth and development within the company.
You’ll be accountable for these KPI’s:
- Sales team net revenue (monthly)
- Revenue per call (lead indicator)
- Team-wide close rate (lead indicator for revenue)
- SDR team revenue
Simply put, when revenue grows and the team is developing, you win.
You MUST be:
- A great leader ready to lead a team…experienced leading (and creating systems for) a sales team of at least 5-20 people
- Obsessed with training, learning, and developing people
- Someone who has a deep understanding of the systems and strategy needed to scale a sales team past $20M/year
- Able to recruit & hire top sales talent to join the team
- Someone with similar sales experience to SPS: B2C, medium ASV, high velocity / short deal cycle, all inbound sales, etc
- High energy, high EQ, with the ability to motivate people
NOTE: This position full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Have zero experience leading a sales team
- Have less than 5 years of sales experience / experience leading a sales team
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, attitude, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- Deep Understanding Of The Systems & Strategy Needed To Scale A Sales Team Past $20M/year
- Experience Leading (And Creating Systems For) A Sales Team Of At Least 5-20 People
- Similar Sales Experience To SPS: B2C, Medium ASV, High Velocity / Short Deal Cycle, All Inbound
- Ability To Recruit & Hire Top Sales Talent To Join The Team
- Personal Experience Performing In A Sales Role At A VERY High Level
- High Energy, High EQ, And Ability To Motivate People
- Experience scaling a sales team past $20M/year in revenue
$75,000 – $150,000+ ; depending on qualification and experience.
Part base, part incentive based comp. The pay is great and the sky is the limit, but only for success (aka. extreme revenue growth). All of the upside is in growing revenue quickly and aggressively.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Click here to check out a video from our CEO Chandler Bolt to find out what it’s like to work at Self Publishing School.
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Click here to check out the “explainer video” of what we do at Self Publishing School.
Click here to watch the TEDx talk from our founder (Chandler Bolt) and learn more about the WHY behind what we do.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699) and in 2019 (#1,483) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 27 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Click here to watch videos from our founder Chandler Bolt explaining the company Core Values.
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Click here to watch a video from our CEO (Chandler Bolt) on how we build GREAT culture on our virtual team at SPS.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: SelfPublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until May 29th, 2020. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org