Join me today as I talk with Bo Eason. Bo Eason is a former NFL player, acclaimed broadway play writer and performer. He is also a story coach and his focus is helping others find the power of their personal story to become effective in persuasive communication. There’s No Plan B for Your A-Game: Be the Best in the World at What You Do is Bo Eason’s first published book.
Details on How to Impact and Improve Your Writing
Bo gives us the same advice he was given from his mentors: cut to the chase and get to the action. If you are trying to get to the action, then you are late. Your writing needs to be dynamic and spread it out, and one way is to have shorter paragraphs. For an easier to read book, means that more people will finish it. Also give yourself simple tasks.
It’s Okay to Fail and Have A Bad Idea
It can take one thousand worst ideas to get to the one good one. Don’t be afraid to fail and have bad writing and ideas. It may take a long time to get to the good stuff but all these bad decisions and wrong choices will reveal the right one. You’re an artist. This leads to having enough words to come up with a great book.
- [01:28] Bo talks about why he wrote this book and how it fits with his goals and business.
- [08:10] The story behind how Bo’s play was purchased.
- [09:54] Bo shares a critical tip on writing a play/screenplay.
- [13:25] A general rule in screenwriting.
- [18:00] Successfully launching your book as a first time author.
- [20:54] Advice on creating versus marketing and maximizing your success.
- [28:00] Using some of the concepts from Bo’s book that can help you write and publish.
- [35:00] Bo’s parting piece of advice on writing.