Listen to today’s episode as I talk with Mike Michalowicz, the creator of Profit First, used by hundreds of thousands of companies across the globe to drive profit. In addition, he is the creator of Clockwork, a powerful method to make any business run automatically. In his 2020 release Fix This Next, Mike details businesses’ strategies to determine their next step. His latest book, Get Different, gives you the tools to stand out in any market.
How Mike is Marketing His New Book Differently
When it comes to marketing, if we use the same marketing methods as everyone else, consumers will become habituated to that message. As a result, people will become complacent and not want to look at your marketing message. Mike looks at two components for marketing his latest book: mediums and methods.
Mediums and Methods for Book Marketing
While your medium is what you are using for marketing, the method is how you will market your book. For example, even though Mike still sends out emails, he creates a new email marketing experience that encourages his email list to take action.
Listen to discover how Mike creates his marketing message, why you need to be consistent with who you really are as an author, and how you can launch your book “audio only” first before you publish your hard copy.
- [03:37] How Mike is marketing his new book differently than his last book.
- [05:26] Using mediums and methods to market your book.
- [10:30] Be honest with who you are and what your idiosyncrasies are in your business.
- [20:05] Launch your audiobook first before your print copy.
- [22:50] How you can use Mike’s marketing philosophy to stay ahead of the book marketing game.
- [29:00] Children’s books and how they are a saturated genre.
Links and Resources
- Visit Self Publishing School Online
- SPS Free Training Course
- Find out more about Mike Micahlowicz and his program