You made it to our SPS Coach Hiring Page!
Check out the video below for more information on what to do next…
Hey, my name is Chandler Bolt. I run a growing business and need someone who can coach my future customers through the phases of Self-Publishing School– hopefully you can help!
Before you read any further, YES I’m a real person. If you’d like more info about me, click here to see my bio & headshot.
Now let’s get down to what I’m looking for to see if you’re a fit…
The responsibility of the coach is to lead students through the Self-Publishing School Process (or whichever phase they are at upon signing up for SPS Coaching). Coaches will maintain scheduling of students, keep record of student information, and lead 30-minute coaching calls while offering valuable advice, encouragement, tips, and plans of execution that will guide them to book launch success.
The coach must be welcoming, have swift response times via email, and be knowledgeable of the products available at SPS.
NOTE: This position is virtual. Meaning, you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located all over the country.
Who I’m Looking For:
You Suit Our Style Of Online Work
- You’re based in North America
- English is your first language, you’re good at written and spoken English.
- You’re tech-comfortable. If you can navigate Facebook and YouTube easily, you’ve got enough internet chops to work with us.
- You have reliable high-speed internet connection with reliable electricity.
- When you are coaching at SPS, you are teaching people. So you must be engaging, firm yet friendly, prepared, welcoming, have great communication skills, set high expectations, obtain a strong passion for authorship, and maintain a strong rapport with students and customers.
You are Organized
- My whole business is quite structured. Everything runs on checklists & guidelines. Everything is organized and you must be able to work independently and keep correct records.
Know the Curriculum
- A great coach has thorough knowledge of the Self-Publishing School curriculum. You must ensure your coaching meets the standards set forth by the timelines and pacing designed throughout the content. You must be incredibly familiar with the subject matter. You must always be prepared to answer questions and keep the road to authorship interesting for the student.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, Slack, Google Hangouts, Google Apps, Skype, and PipeDrive
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, virtual work environment
- Must be able to adapt and implement changing process and system needs as company scales
About Self-Publishing School:
Self-Publishing School is an online training company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students a provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you.
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out there.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry, put the publishers out of business, and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. The big publishers suck. The take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
About the team:
There’s currently 9 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Self Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
Each quarter the team meets in a unique city in the US for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability & responsibility for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
HOW TO MOVE TO THE NEXT STEP
Fill out the application below (all fields required). We’ll be accepting applications until Saturday, December 9th at 11:59pm PST. Be sure to fill out the application before then.