Inside Sales Rep
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
Are you a super motivated and driven person who LOVES the art of sales and helping others?
Then please read on…
I run an online training program called Self Publishing School that helps people write & publish their first book.
We deliver an incredible product with a student success rate that’s second to none. We’re also VERY good at driving leads…100+ leads per day.
Because we’re up to our eyeballs in leads, we need more help selling to those leads. That’s where you come in…
The purpose of this role is to convert warm leads into customers for Self Publishing School in the most effective & efficient manner possible.
This will be done via consultative phone sales appointments with prospects that have expressed interest in SPS. The Inside Sales Rep will be responsible for educating & selling the prospect on the product that’s the best fit for their needs.
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located all over the country.
What you’ll be doing…
Day to day, you’ll be selling on (mostly) pre-scheduled sales calls.
70-80% of these appointments will be booked for you, but sometimes you’ll be responsible for filling the rest of your calendar with appointments.
As part of this opportunity, you’ll also be a part of a VERY fast paced and high growth company. You’re getting in at the ground floor of a growing sales team, and will have input and responsibility as we grow the team. (we’re currently 1 SDR and 2 closers)
This is for you if:
- You’re great with people and love making others feel comfortable
- You have an obsessive drive to help people through sales of a product you believe in, and hate missing out on potential sales opportunities.
- You are process driven, and good at problem solving and figuring things out on your own with minimal direction… can create your own structured work environment.
- You actively read and seek out new learning from books or courses to get better at your role
- You implement. And do so with minimal direction, doing a lot of your own research to find the best way to solve the problem at hand.
Lastly and most importantly, you’re driven. You want to work hard, learn a ton, and maybe start your own business someday.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have less than 2 years of sales experience
- Have been in sales for a long time and are looking for a job where you can “coast to the finish line”
- Don’t have the drive and ability to self motivate
- Have no interest in books
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
30 Day Targets:
- Learn all tech systems & product offerings to be effective in the position
- 100 sales presentations (5 per day)
- Close rate of 20% on core product (SPS)
60 Day Targets:
- 225 sales presentations total (6 per day in month 2)
- Close rate of 25% on core product (SPS)
- No refunds on personal sales
90 Day Targets:
- 375 sales presentations total (7-8 per day in month 3)
- Close rate of 30% on core product (SPS)
- No refunds on personal sales
- # of sales presentations
- Phone sales conversion rate
- Time in sales cycle
- Phone Sales Revenue
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 3 years of VERY high performance as a sales rep
- Minimum of $250,000 in sales of any product / service in the past
- CRM & sales process experience
- At least 5 years of high performance sales experience (selling $250k+ per year)
- Minimum of $1M in lifetime sales of any product / service
- Experience with low ticket, high volume sales (ie. $5k max sales price, 1-2 call close) rather than longer cycle B2B/enterprise sales
- Base: $17/hour, full-time salary (~$35,000/year)
- Commission: 7.5% on sales
Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of vacation time)
If you’re Average: $75,000/year
If you’re Good: $95,000/year
If you’re Great: sky is the limit
All amounts above include your base salary and represent compensation based on your ability to sell.
About Self-Publishing School:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students a provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you.
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out there.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. The big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. The take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
About the team:
There’s currently 10 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
How To Apply
Fill out the application below (all fields required).
*You must fill out the application above to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
We’ll be accepting applicants until Sunday, March 4th at 11:59pm Pacific. Be sure to apply before then.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org