Student Success Coach
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
Are you a super motivated and driven person who LOVES coaching others and helping people get clear on their ideas?
Then please read on…
I run an online training program called Self Publishing School that helps people write & publish their first book.
We deliver an incredible product with a student success rate that’s second to none. While the product is great, it is the coaching service that really sets us apart from the competition: Highly Personalized, Incredibly Helpful, Seeking to Understand the Story Our Student Wants to Tell. We expect friendly, authentic, respectful communication for all student interactions. At the end of the day, we want our students to say: this was the best investment I’ve ever made!
Because we’re continually growing, adding more students on a daily basis, we need more help. That’s where you come in…
The purpose of this role is to improve the overall student experience at Self Publishing School, thus directly improving our student satisfaction and loyalty to the brand.
This will be done through 3 primary methods: Welcome Calls, High Quality Coaching, and System-Level Improvements. The Student Success Coach will be responsible for onboarding and welcoming our new students, while also maintaining excellent support and communication throughout the students’ time with Self-Publishing School.
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual, meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located all over the country.
What you’ll be doing…
Day to day, you’ll be talking with our students via phone, email, and chat. Most of these calls will be set on your calendar, with only a small portion of them being unscheduled reach-outs.
Welcome calls allow you to meet every new student that “comes through the door.” Coaching allows you to work with students directly on their book ideas, answering questions, providing guidance, and taking feedback to the team at large. The final piece, the systems-level improvements, means you’ll work closely with the Product Team, the Student Success Team, the Coaches, and the Community Team to improve the overall student experience through systems fixes and product updates.
As part of this opportunity, you’ll also be a part of a VERY fast paced and high growth company. This year, we’ve been revamping our product line, and we’re continuing to increase our influence and impact in the self-publishing marketplace.
This is for you if:
- You’re great with people and love making others feel at home
- You’re upbeat, positive, and full of smiles
- You have a knack for connecting with others, and you can help people get crystal clear on their goals and ideas (especially when it comes to their book)
- You have thick skin, but a soft heart. You know when to give grace and when to enforce justice. You know how to be firm, but fair.
- You are system driven, and good at problem solving and figuring things out on your own with minimal direction… can create your own structured work environment.
- You actively read and seek out new learning from books or courses to get better at your role
- You listen well. People naturally open up to you.
Lastly and most importantly, you’re driven. You want to work hard, learn a ton, and put a smile on people’s faces.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have less than 2 years of teaching / coaching experience
- Have been in university settings for a long time and are looking for a job where you can “coast to the finish line”
- Don’t have the drive and ability to self motivate
- Have no interest in books
- Don’t have the emotional stamina to face a negative comment on a daily basis
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
30 Day Targets:
- Learn all tech systems & product offerings to be effective in the position
- Optimize the Student Journey Tracking System
- Provide at least 5 suggestions on how to improve the Coaching Program
60 Day Targets:
- Launch your own bestselling book with SPS!
- At least 85% on Coaching NPS
- Actively complete 75% of all welcome calls and coaching at least 75 students in the program
90 Day Targets:
- Increase # of students in continued coaching and advanced level offerings
- Increase % of students books launched within 6 months
- Assist in new product build-out
- % of Students Published within 6 Months
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Rating
- Life-Time Value (LTV) of Students
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results MUCH MORE than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 2 years of VERY high performance as a coach / student success rep
- Familiar with online platforms (or more than willing to learn): Zendesk, Infusionsoft, Hubspot, etc.
- Excellent on the phone & excellent written English
- At least 5 years of high performance coaching/ student success experience
- Worked for an online service company
- Experience with coaching programs and/or internet marketing
- Salary: $40,000 – $70,000/year, depending upon experience & skillset
Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of vacation time)
Participation in the company profit share
About Self-Publishing School:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you.
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out there.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. The big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. The take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
About the team:
There are currently 13 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done and take care of our students. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
How To Apply
Fill out the application below (all fields required).
*You must fill out the application above to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
We’ll be accepting applicants until Sunday, August 5th at 11:59pm Pacific. Be sure to apply before then.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: [email protected]