Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
(Part-Time Job Posting)
We’ll be accepting applicants until September 25, 2021.
Be sure to apply before then.
Are you someone who loves a challenge, never settles for mediocrity, and is always competing with yourself to up-level your performance?
Do you geek out over data and testing to see which image, copy, tag, or time of day will create the greatest reach and drive the most engagement for your next post or campaign?
Do you spend all of your free time researching the latest social media trends and following your favorite brands to see what campaigns they’ll try next?
Does your passion for social media content stretch past just brand awareness and into how the right strategy can actually drive leads and sales for a business?
If so, then we have an exciting proposition for you…
We’re on a search for an experienced Social Media Marketing Coordinator to join our team at Self Publishing School. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front row seat (and major responsibility / autonomy) at one of the fastest growing companies in America (INC 5,000 the last 3 years in a row – #1,944 in 2020).
You’ll be on the marketing team reporting directly to our Marketing Director, Ashton Scriven (click here for LinkedIn), and partnering with some of the top talent in the industry.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): grow our social media followers and leads by 15% month over month.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator is responsible for engagement and lead generation from all Self-Publishing School-owned social platforms.
Your job is to drive leads and qualified appointments from social media channels by creating the most engaging content on the internet and getting it in front of as many social followers as possible.
This is done by leading the development and execution of Self-Publishing School’s social media marketing strategy, including content planning, creation, and implementation across a variety of social media platforms and brands to boost engagement and increase revenue.
This role will be accountable for the following KPIs:
- # of organic leads from SPS-owned social platforms
- # of followers on SPS-owned social platforms
- Engagement on SPS-owned social platforms
You MUST be:
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- A self-starter who is obsessed with continuous improvement
- A creative analyst who has an eye for creating engaging content that will not only drive engagement but also convert to leads and sales
- An experienced strategist who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty, be scrappy, and execute quickly
- Organized, detail-oriented, and exceptional at taking a project from conception to implementation
NOTE: This position is part-time (15-20 hours a week) and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Have less than 1 year of experience in social media marketing/digital marketing
- Are intimidated by analytics, KPIs, and aggressive growth goals
- Prefer the status quo and have no appetite for testing
- Get bored with the day-to-day of implementation and execution
- Lack organization and project management skills
- Struggle to create short-term or long-term strategies and project plans
- Are afraid to roll up your sleeves alongside the team to get the job done
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
- Own strategy, execution, and performance of all social media campaigns to drive leads and ultimately marketing-qualified appointments for our sales team
- Develop and implement monthly social media calendar for all SPS-owned brands and platforms
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends to create the best content on the internet for our target audience
- Create engaging text, image, and video content to drive engagement and lead generation through social platforms
- Monitor and respond to comments, direct messages, and mentions across all social platforms
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers through social media, like promotions and competitions
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 1+ year of experience in a social media marketing or digital marketing role
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, website conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Mastery of the major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.
- Knowledge of social media analytics software including Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and Twitter Analytics to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Experience with content management systems and image/video editing software
- Knowledge of SEO and keyword research and how it plays into social strategies
- Able to interpret performance reporting as well as recommend and implement actionable next steps with a goal of generating leads and driving ROI
- Excellent internet research skills and passion for staying on top of latest trends
- Video editing and design experience
- Proven track record of month over month lead, follower, and engagement growth for multiple social brands
- Experience with multichannel media campaigns including a working knowledge of paid search testing ad text and landing pages
- Experience using content marketing to bring in a measurable amount of leads and sales for a company
$15-30/hour; depending on qualification and experience.
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699), in 2019 (#1,483), and in 2020 (#1,944) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 36 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
Two times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 45-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: selfpublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until September 25, 2021. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org