Check out the video below for more info on the position…
We’ll be accepting applicants until October 21, 2020. Be sure to apply before then.
If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the SEO Specialist position at Self Publishing School (or maybe you know someone who would be a fit). This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front row seat (and major responsibility / autonomy) at one of the fastest growing companies in America (INC 5,000 the last 3 years in a row – #1,944 in 2020).
You’ll be on the marketing team reporting directly to our Marketing Director, Ashton Scriven (click here for LinkedIn), and partnering with some of the top talent in the industry.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): help us scale from $3M to $6M+/year in organic revenue in the next 12 months.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
The SEO Specialist is responsible for the content strategy, search engine optimization, and conversion rate optimization of all Self-Publishing School-owned websites.
Your job is to drive organic revenue and qualified appointments by creating and optimizing the best content on the internet for the topics and keywords we are targeting.
This is done by leading the development and execution of the Self-Publishing School SEO strategy, including new content creation, on-page and off-page optimization, site structure and technical SEO, and conversion rate optimization.
Your mission will be to grow Self-Publishing School-owned websites to over $6 million in annual revenue by generating over 30 qualified appointments per day.
You MUST be:
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- A strategic thinker who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty, be scrappy, and execute alongside the team
- A systems thinker and numbers based decision maker
- Organized, detail-oriented, and exceptional at crafting and project managing strategies with multiple resources and stakeholders
- An execution-oriented, results-based operator
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Have zero hands-on SEO experience
- Lack organization and project management skills
- Struggle to create short-term or long-term strategies and project plans
- Have never helped grow site traffic and revenue past $300K per month
- Are intimidated by analytics, KPIs, and aggressive growth goals
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
- Set monthly, quarterly, and yearly SEO performance targets and ensure that all content campaigns are ran within the given budgets and deadlines
- Manage all content-related expenses and resources including copywriters, web developers, software, backlink partners, and other content creators, with a focus on decreasing Cost to Acquire a Customer
- Perform ongoing keyword research and provide regular updates on keyword rankings for all SPS-owned assets as well as competitor content with a focus on increasing keyword rankings for high-intent keywords
- Develop and implement link building strategy with a priority on high domain authority linking opportunities
- Monitor and improve all website KPIs including total traffic, high intent traffic, leads, qualified appointments, conversion rates, and total revenue
- Develop best is the standard on-page content for all stages of the funnel
- Implement CRO improvements to convert high-intent visitors into leads and qualified appointments
- Oversee web development and improvements to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Recommend changes to website architecture and technical SEO factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 2 year of experience creating content for a site with 150k+ monthly organic search visitors
- Experience using content marketing to bring in a measurable amount of leads and sales for a company
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, website conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- At least 3 years experience creating longform, evergreen content for a high-traffic blog (200k+ organic monthly visitors)
- Proven track record of month over month traffic and revenue growth for multiple websites
- In-depth knowledge of technical SEO and site structure for performance and conversion
Yearly salary of $55,000-75,000; depending on qualification and experience.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Participation in the company profit share
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699), in 2019 (#1,483), and in 2020 (#1,944) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 27 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
Two times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 45-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: selfpublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until October 21, 2020. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org