Paid Media Specialist
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
We’ll be accepting applicants until November 12, 2020.
Be sure to apply before then.
If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the Paid Media Specialist position at Self Publishing School (or maybe you know someone who would be a fit). This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front row seat (and major responsibility / autonomy) at one of the fastest growing companies in America (INC 5,000 the last 3 years in a row – #1,944 in 2020).
You’ll be on the marketing team reporting directly to our Marketing Director, Ashton Scriven (click here for LinkedIn), and partnering with some of the top talent in the industry.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): help us scale from $2M to $4M+/year in paid media revenue in the next 12 months.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
The Paid Media Specialist is responsible for growing revenue at Self Publishing School as fast and profitably as possible through paid marketing.
Your job is to drive paid media revenue and qualified appointments by building scalable and profitable paid traffic acquisition campaigns.
This is done by leading the development and execution of the Self-Publishing School paid media strategy, including management of all core paid channels (including Facebook Ads and Google Ads), testing of new paid channels, and scaling of profitable, evergreen paid traffic acquisition campaigns.
Your mission will be to grow Self-Publishing School paid media channels to $4 million in annual revenue by generating over 20 qualified appointments per day.
You MUST be:
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- An analytical thinker who loves testing, digging into the numbers, and making data-driven decisions
- An experienced strategist who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty, be scrappy, and execute quickly
- A systems thinker and process-oriented professional who understands the role marketing plays in the organization as a whole
- Organized, detail-oriented, and exceptional at taking a project from conception to implementation
- Ready for a challenge and excited to take ownership of the paid strategy for one primary brand
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Have less than 2 years of paid media experience
- Prefer the status quo and have no appetite for testing
- Have never scaled paid media revenue past $150K per month
- Have no experience with Facebook ads
- Get bored with the day-to-day of implementation and execution
- Are intimidated by analytics, KPIs, and aggressive growth goals
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
- Own strategy, execution, and performance of all paid paid media campaigns and channels at target KPIs
- Continually optimize core paid search & paid social campaigns including keyword strategy, ad copy, bid prices, cost per conversion, cost per click, audience optimization, etc.
- Actively measure and execute A/B split testing for ad copy, landing pages, funnels, etc., to ensure optimal campaign performance
- Develop and implement new paid test campaigns on an ongoing basis with objective criteria for evaluating performance and scalability
- Recommend and consult with marketing team on any new content, funnel, or landing pages that should be created in order to promote higher campaign performance
- Write compelling ad copy with a focus on driving conversions
- Set up conversion tracking & retargeting pixels
- Conduct in-depth keyword research and competitive analysis to inform paid strategy
- Compile monthly paid media performance reports with personal analysis and recommendations based on campaign performance
- Consult with content team on how paid media learnings can benefit organic strategy and results
- Stay on top of the latest trends in paid search & paid social advertising
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- 2 years past experience working in a high growth digital marketing team
- Experience running profitable paid traffic customer acquisition campaigns through Facebook ads and Google ads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated work ethic
- Analytical mindset and hunger for innovation and testing
- 3 or more years running paid customer acquisition campaigns
- Past experience running profitable paid traffic customer acquisition campaigns through Youtube Ads and LinkedIn Ads
- Google Adwords Certified
- Google Analytics Certified
- Past experience working in a high growth SaaS or Online Education company
Yearly salary of $50,000-90,000; depending on qualification and experience.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Participation in the company profit share
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699), in 2019 (#1,483), and in 2020 (#1,944) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 27 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
Two times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 45-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: selfpublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until November 12, 2020. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: [email protected]