Check out the video below for more info on the position…
If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the Marketing Director position at Self Publishing School (or maybe you know someone who would be a fit). This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front row seat (and major responsibility / autonomy) at one of the fastest growing companies in America (INC 5,000 the last 2 years in a row – #1,483 in 2019).
You’ll also have a $1M+ per year marketing budget to spend and an awesome team to work with.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): help us scale from $6.3M to $20M+/year over the next 2 years.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
This position is responsible for driving the economic engine at Self-Publishing School. Simply put, the purpose of this position is to reduce CTAC (cost to acquire customer) while also growing Self Publishing School’s revenue as fast as possible.
This is done by managing the growth channels at SPS (see chapters 10 & 11 in Extreme Revenue Growth) and the leaders of those channels. There are 2 main ways to drive revenue:
- Filling up the sales team’s calendars with qualified appointments
- Generating “non rep revenue” via marketing funnels
When the job is done correctly, our most profitable marketing channels at SPS are growing quickly…with a high focus on doing more of what’s working…thus reducing CTAC and growing revenue.
It’s the role of the Marketing Director to focus the team on growing the channels that are working, prune the channels / campaigns that aren’t working, and breed a culture of testing/innovation to sprout new marketing campaigns and channels.
All of these decisions are made by data and rigorous testing…NOT… “gut feel”. Trusting your gut (informed by conversations with customers) is great when coming up with new tests to run…not when making big decisions on how to allocate marketing budget. 🙂
You MUST be:
- A great leader ready to lead a team
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- Scrappy, and eager to get your hands dirty…working in the trenches with your team
- A systems thinker and numbers based decision maker
- An execution-oriented, results-based operator
NOTE: This position full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Aren’t willing to get your hands dirty / get in the weeds with marketing campaigns, implementation, etc
- Have zero experience leading a team
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- You’ve run the marketing team for a company doing at least $3M/year (or were the right hand person)
- More than 3 years of marketing experience
- Ability to create & grow multiple marketing channels (and manage the leaders of those channels) in a way that drives down CTAC while also growing revenue
- A visionary with a deep understanding of innovative online & offline marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that will drive down CTAC while increasing revenue.
- A strong leader / executive who can lead a team
- Thorough hands-on-keys experience building, implementing, and maintaining marketing campaigns and automated systems.
- Experience running marketing for a company doing at least $20M+ in annual revenue (or the right hand for that person)
- More than 6 years of marketing experience
Yearly salary of $70,000 – $140,000; depending on qualification and experience.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Participation in the company profit share
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699) and in 2019 (#1,483) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 27 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until December 8th, 2019. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at:[email protected]