Check out the video below for more info on the position…
Are you a super motivated and driven person who LOVES the art of creating amazing content and content marketing?
Then please read on…
I run online education program called Self Publishing School that helps people write & publish their first book.
We deliver an incredible product with a student success rate that’s second to none. Our company is growing VERY fast, and we’ve already had success with content marketing.
We’re looking to double down on our investment in content marketing by putting a very qualified individual at the helm to grow things even further. That’s where you come in…
The Manager Editor is responsible for the coordination & creation of all content for Self Publishing School.
Essentially, your job is to drive the execution of the content marketing strategy we have in place…creating the best content on the internet for the topics & keywords we’re targeting.
You’ll be in charge of 3 main content channels:
- The Self Publishing School blog (Currently: 35k+ Organic unique visitors/month)
- The SPS Podcast (Currently: 280+ reviews and 140k+ downloads)
- The SPS Youtube Channel (Currently: 1,500+ subscribers and 235k+ video views)
Primarily, you’ll be working to grow the blog and using the other content channels to feed back into its’ growth.
The Mission: Grow the blog from 25k to 75k organic search visits per month by the end of 2018.
You’ll have the following resources to work with in the position:
- An internationally known company brand with a great reputation
- An experienced SEO strategist that will do the research and setup the fundamentals of our content strategy for you
- A 100k+ person email list (to kickstart promotion of content)
- An existing blog & content that already has traction
- An internal team of coaches with content expertise that can help create content
- A community of 1,600+ SPS students (a.k.a. writers & authors that would be happy to help create valuable content)
- A $2k – $5k/month budget for content creation & content promotion
You’ll have A TON of resources to work with…you just need to be able to allocate those resources as effectively and efficiently as possible (this is why past management experience is preferred – see below)
As you can see, this position is a GREAT opportunity for the right person. We’re not asking you to start from scratch. We’re asking you to grow something that already has momentum.
This will be a challenge. You’ll likely grow and learn more here than in any position you’ve had in the past. We’ll be investing in you and giving you tons of resources to be successful in this role. It’s up to you to do the hard work to drive things forward.
If you’re not up for the challenge, and you’re not ready to work hard, please don’t apply.
If this sounds right up your alley, and you’re ready to work with an all star team to grow something amazing, keep reading for more details below (and fill out the application at the bottom of the page ASAP)…
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located all over the country.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books / book publishing
- Have less than 2 years of journalism / content marketing experience
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
30 Day Targets:
- Work with SPS SEO strategist to create a 3 month content plan
- Create & publish 3 high value blog posts targeting valuable keywords
- Complete Content Marketing Mastery and Search Marketing Mastery certifications (paid for by SPS).
90 Day Targets:
- Grow monthly organic search visitor traffic by 25%
- Create a system for backlink acquisition and begin executing + hire someone to execute this system (Chandler will help with this)
- Increase organic leads through SPS content by 25%
- Monthly Organic Search Visits to blog
- Daily average leads from content
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 1 year of experience creating content for a site with 50k+ monthly organic search visitors
- Experience using content marketing to bring in a measurable amount leads and sales for a company
- Experience creating content systems
- At least 5 years experience running a high-traffic blog (100k+ organic monthly visitors)
- Experience growing a blog past 100k+ organic monthly visitors
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing/building a content team
$50,000 – $90,000/year, depending on qualification and experience.
Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of vacation time)
Participation in the company profit share
About Self-Publishing School:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students a provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you.
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out there.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. The big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
About the team:
There’s currently 12 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability & responsibility for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
Here is our main site: www.self-publishingschool.com
How To Apply
Fill out the application below (all fields required).
We’ll be accepting applicants until Friday, May 18th at 11:59pm Pacific. Be sure to fill out the application before then.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: [email protected]