Email Marketing Specialist
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
Are you an email marketing super-nerd? Do you get a kick out of building conversion-optimized email workflows that result in sales that help to change the world?
Then you will want to keep reading!
My name is Chandler Bolt, and I run an Online Education company called Self Publishing School. We help people write and publish a book that grows their impact, income, and business.
We believe that “books change lives” and in “leveraged impact” (I talk about this in my TEDx talk here). We jump out of bed every day excited to change people’s lives through books.
If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the Email Marketing Specialist position at Self Publishing School (or maybe you know someone who would be a fit). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front-row seat (and major responsibility/autonomy) at one of the fastest-growing companies in America (INC 5,000 the last 2 years in a row).
Your mission (should you choose to accept it):
Grab the bull by the horns and take ownership for the overall user journey, conversion strategy and sales revenue from all Self-Publishing School-owned email channels. This role will oversee email list strategy and all accompanying Hubspot workflows in order to optimize evergreen Qualified Appointment (“Qapp”) performance. Ultimately, this role aims to drive organic revenue and qualified appointments by managing, testing, and implementing conversion points across all of our marketing funnels. You’ll play a key role in helping to grow Self Publishing School’s revenue as fast as possible, while also finding ways to optimize our current user experience journeys to result in more authors, more books, and more lives changed.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
You MUST be:
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- An analytical thinker who loves email marketing strategy, multivariate testing, data-driving decision making, digging into all things email metrics to find the low-converting pathways, and making decisions that result in higher conversions.
Specifically, you’ll focus on 2 areas:
- Email Marketing Strategy and Management (70%)
- Maintain ownership of all Hubspot workflows and email list strategy. Oversee constant and rigorous multivariate split testing across all sites and email workflows in order to optimize evergreen conversion. Identify workflows and opportunities and manage 1-off projects involving the optimization of Hubspot workflows across different areas of the business, including but not limited to email, business development outreach, and other SPS-owned websites (SelfPublishing.com, theWriteLife.com, TheBookDesigner.com, MakeALivingWriting.com, FreelanceWritersDen.com).
- Lead to Qualified App Conversion & Customer Journey (30%)
- Manage, update, and optimize email / post-opt-in conversion and customer journey to increase qualified appointments (“Qapps”) through value-add content and resources, low ticket offers, and CTAs with the end goal of first qualifying prospects and then getting those qualified prospects on a sales call
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the user experience of the post-opt-in customer journey for less email overwhelm and an “SPS Raving Fan Experience” from their first interaction with us
When the job is done correctly, our email channels are highly converting and we are able to implement new ideas and strategies across SPS without any bottlenecks on the systems or deliverables.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for someone to join our team to support email marketing efforts across 5 websites.
You will NOT be the copywriter… However, you will work very closely with our Head Copywriter as well as with our Marketing Coordinator and Funnel Builder. You’ll collaborate with these peers in order to hit and exceed monthly KPIs, increase overall revenue from evergreen Qapps, and create a Best Is the Standard User Experience across all channels and platforms.
As our Email Marketing Specialist at Self-Publishing School, you’ll be responsible for building strategic, automated, and conversion-optimized email workflows from concept through to creating all of the system’s components within Hubspot. We are leaving a lot of opportunity on the table and are ready for a seasoned leader to help our business generate revenue and qualified sales call appointments 24/7/365 at the highest level possible.
You’ll be responsible for working alongside your team to develop the required skill sets to make sure we are creating automated, high-converting email workflows from start to finish that result in optimized conversions of all webinars, tripwires, live and virtual events, affiliate events, and anything else we can dream up that will help us to reach our goal of getting 100,000 books launched by 2035 and impacting 1.2 million lives in the process.
Ideal candidates will have mastery-level experience with Hubspot and are very comfortable building, managing, refining, and editing Hubspot workflows in order to track critically important metrics and increase conversions based on key findings.
Under the leadership of our VP of Marketing, you’ll work with our team’s Copywriter, Editor in Chief, Content & Offer Creation Specialist, Marketing Systems Coordinator, and Graphic Designer. Together you’ll directly impact the customer’s user experience of our product. You will report directly to our VP of Marketing and will assist in planning new campaigns and coordinating directly with team members in a high-autonomy environment with ample room to learn, be challenged, and grow constantly — all while changing the world! Pretty cool, right?
- Evergreen Qapp performance
- Lead > qapp % across all email channels & platforms
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. The preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Are intimidated by analytics, KPIs, and aggressive growth goals
- Get bored with the day-to-day implementation and execution
- Are afraid to roll up your sleeves alongside the team to get the job done
- Are not interested in data and data-driven decision making
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, attitude, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- 3+ years experience in an email strategist role within a digital marketing organization
- Ability to maximize overall conversions across all email and evergreen channels
- Thorough understanding of all Hubspot systems and can proficiently manage all Hubspot workflows across various business functions
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Able to manage multiple projects, communicate progress against milestones clearly and concisely as well as navigate ambiguity and competing priorities
- Proven experience in quantitative & qualitative analysis to justify proposed actions
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate across all aspects of the business
- Must be able to interpret performance reporting and recommend actionable next steps
- Proven track record of month-over-month lead and revenue growth for multiple websites
- Solid experience in landing page creation and testing for increased conversions
- 7+ years working for an email marketing software, ecommerce company, email/ ad agency, or hyper-growth digital marketing team
- 2+ years of experience with the above-mentioned software is preferred, but willing to make exceptions for the right candidate with a proven portfolio.
- Extensive experience with Hubspot, ZenDesk, FB Business Manager, Google Adwords, and Kixie
- Desire to continue to grow through continuing training
$45-90k; depending on qualification and experience.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high-quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company!
- This can also be used for a self-care budget for items like massages, gym memberships and float tank therapy!
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Ability to earn into a revenue-based compensation structure after 18-24 months of full-time employment exceeding KPIs
- Newly unveiled company 401K plan to help your plan and prepare for retirement
- Bi-annual team offsite retreats in really incredible locations! (i.e. We just got back from Cancun!)
- Access to the company training budget to expand your skills and become the absolute best version of yourself!
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self-publishing is not only an option; it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699) 2019 (#1,483) 2020 (#1,944) and 2021 as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US. In the California region for 2020, we ranked #172, also by INC.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There are currently 34 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company’s core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employees’ favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast-paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility, and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, training, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired by the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
Here is our main site: newspsblogdev.wpengine.com
Here are our other sites: SelfPublishing.com, theWriteLife.com, TheBookDesigner.com, MakeALivingWriting.com, FreelanceWritersDen.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until August 27th, 2022. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org