Customer Success Rep
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
Are you a super motivated and driven person who LOVES the art of helping others and fixing things?
Then please read on…
I run an online training program called Self Publishing School that helps people write & publish their first book.
We deliver an incredible product with a student success rate that’s second to none. While the product is great, it is the service that really sets us apart from the competition: Highly Personalized, Quick and Efficient, Through a Variety of Channels. We expect friendly, courteous communication regardless of the situation. At the end of the day, we want our students to say: this was the best investment I’ve ever made!
Because we’re continually growing, adding more customers on a daily basis, we need more help. That’s where you come in…
The purpose of this role is to improve the overall customer experience at Self Publishing School, thus directly improving our customer satisfaction and loyalty to the brand.
This will be done through 3 primary methods: Welcome Calls, Email Support, and System-Level Improvements. The Customer Success Rep will be responsible for onboarding and welcoming our customers, while also maintaining excellent customer communication throughout the customers’ time with Self-Publishing School.
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual, meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located all over the country.
What you’ll be doing…
Day to day, you’ll be talking with our customers via phone, email, and chat. Most of the job is proactive, with only a small portion of it being reactive.
Welcome calls allow you to meet every new customer that “comes through the door.” Email support allows you to work with both customers and prospects alike, answering questions, resolving basic needs, and taking feedback to the team at large. The final piece, the systems-level improvements, means you’ll work closely with the Product Team to improve the overall customer experience through systems fixes and product updates.
As part of this opportunity, you’ll also be a part of a VERY fast paced and high growth company. This year, we’re revamping our product line, and we’re continuing to increase our influence and impact in the self-publishing marketplace.
This is for you if:
- You’re great with people and love making others feel comfortable
- You’re upbeat, positive, full of smiles, and maybe a little quirky 😉
- You have a knack for connecting with others, and you can read between the lines to get to the heart of the matter.
- You have thick skin, but a soft heart. You know when to give grace and when to enforce justice. You know how to be firm, but fair.
- You are system driven, and good at problem solving and figuring things out on your own with minimal direction… can create your own structured work environment.
- You actively read and seek out new learning from books or courses to get better at your role
- You implement. And do so with minimal direction, doing a lot of your own research to find the best way to solve the problem at hand.
Lastly and most importantly, you’re driven. You want to work hard, learn a ton, and put a smile on people’s faces.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have less than 2 years of customer support experience
- Have been in customer support for a long time and are looking for a job where you can “coast to the finish line”
- Don’t have the drive and ability to self motivate
- Have no interest in books
- Don’t have the emotional stamina to face a couple negative comments on a daily basis
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
30 Day Targets:
- Learn all tech systems & product offerings to be effective in the position
- Every new student gets a welcome call within 14 days of signing up
- 100% of customer inquiries are responded to within 24 hours.
60 Day Targets:
- Develop the Fiction MC systems & procedures
- Support and assist in the development of the new product build-out
- Keep refunds under 6%
90 Day Targets:
- Increase # of students in continued coaching by 50%
- Implement 3 improvements to the UX or Membership Portal
- Implement 3 improvements in our CRM for better metrics & internal communication about our customers
- % of Students Published
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Rating
- UX improvements
- Refund Rate
- Response Time
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results MUCH MORE than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 2 years of VERY high performance as a customer service/ support/ success rep
- Familiar with online platforms (or more than willing to learn): Zendesk, Infusionsoft, Hubspot, etc.
- Excellent on the phone & excellent written English
- At least 5 years of high performance customer service/ support/ success experience
- Worked for an online service company
- Experience with coaching programs and/or internet marketing
- Salary: $35,000 – $60,000/year, depending upon experience & skillset
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you.
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of vacation time)
Participation in the company profit share
About Self-Publishing School:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out there.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. The big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. The take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
About the team:
There are currently 11 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done and take care of our customers. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
How To Apply
Fill out the application below (all fields required).
*You must fill out the application above to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
We’ll be accepting applicants until Tuesday, March 6th at 11:59pm Pacific. Be sure to apply before then.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org