Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
We’ll be accepting applicants until February 19, 2021.
Be sure to apply before then.
Are you someone who loves a challenge, never settles for mediocrity, and is always competing with yourself to up-level your performance?
Do you love data and view marketing as a science, finding patterns in spreadsheets and making objective recommendations based on results over gut feelings?
Are you a creative analyst who loves launching the next winning funnel just as much as testing an existing campaign to drive that 1% improvement?
Are you an extremely motivated person who loves helping people and serving others?
If so, then we have an exciting proposition for you…
We’re on a search for an experienced Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist to join our team at Self Publishing School. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front row seat (and major responsibility / autonomy) at one of the fastest growing companies in America (INC 5,000 the last 3 years in a row – #1,944 in 2020).
You’ll be on the marketing team reporting directly to our Marketing Director, Ashton Scriven (click here for LinkedIn), and partnering with some of the top talent in the industry.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): help us scale from $3M to $6M+/year in organic revenue in the next 12 months by increasing conversion of our organic traffic into qualified appointments for our sales team.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
The CRO Specialist is responsible for conversion strategy and lead generation from all Self-Publishing School-owned websites and funnels.
Your job is to drive organic revenue and qualified appointments for our sales team by managing, testing, and implementing conversion points throughout the entire marketing funnel.
This role is split into three parts:
- Organic CRO Strategy & Testing
- Funnel CRO Strategy & Testing
- Tools & Marketing Product Creation for Conversion
This role will be accountable for the following KPIs:
- # of Leads from SPS-owned websites
- # of Sales Qualified Appointments from SPS-owned websites
- Landing page conversion rates
You MUST be:
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- A self-starter who is obsessed with continuous improvement
- An analytical thinker who loves testing, digging into the numbers, and making data-driven decisions
- An experienced strategist who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty, be scrappy, and execute quickly
- A systems thinker and process-oriented professional who understands the role marketing plays in the organization as a whole
- Organized, detail-oriented, and exceptional at taking a project from conception to implementation
- Ready for a challenge and excited to take ownership of the CRO strategy for one primary brand
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Have less than 2 years of experience in an online optimization testing role
- Are intimidated by analytics, KPIs, and aggressive growth goals
- Prefer the status quo and have no appetite for testing
- Get bored with the day-to-day of implementation and execution
- Lack organization and project management skills
- Struggle to create short-term or long-term strategies and project plans
- Are afraid to roll up your sleeves alongside the team to get the job done
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
- Own strategy, execution, and performance of all CRO campaigns to drive qualified appointments for our sales team
- Implement on-page conversion improvements on all SPS-owned websites to convert high-intent visitors into leads and qualified appointments
- Actively measure and execute A/B split testing (including on-page CTA’s, pop ups, landing pages, lead-generating forms, sales funnel pages, lead magnets, etc.)
- Direct strategy for site UX structure and design for increased traffic to lead %
- Direct strategy for funnel email testing to increase lead to qualified appointment %
- Develop, launch, and promote new marketing products or initiatives to increase conversion (includes but is not limited to lead magnets, tripwires, etc. if and when they play into overall CRO strategy)
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 2+ years of experience in an online optimization testing role
- Proven track record of month over month lead and revenue growth for multiple websites
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, website conversion, and online inbound customer acquisition
- Strong grasp of ROI with an analytical mind to mine data for insights and generate hypothesis for constant and fast iteration testing
- Ability to manage multiple projects, communicate progress against milestones clearly and concisely, collaborate across all aspects of the business, as well as navigate ambiguity and competing priorities
- Ability to interpret performance reporting as well as recommend and implement actionable next steps
- Understand best practices for UI and UX for landing pages, applications, mobile, and desktop
- Proficient using smart CTAs and smart form features to optimize for lifecycle stage and progressively profile our leads
- Experience with multichannel media campaigns including a working knowledge of paid search testing ad text and landing pages
- Organized and methodical in setting up processes to streamline testing cadence with a team of diverse skills
Yearly salary of $50,000-90,000; depending on qualification and experience.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Participation in the company profit share
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699), in 2019 (#1,483), and in 2020 (#1,944) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 36 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
Two times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 45-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: selfpublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until February 19, 2021. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: [email protected]