Author Success Coach
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
We’ll be accepting applicants until September 6th, 2022. Be sure to apply before then.
We’ll be accepting applicants until September 6th, 2022. Be sure to apply before then.
The Author Success Coach provides excellent service to our authors, through high quality coaching. This person must be friendly, authentic, and respectful in author interactions.
Your job is to help our authors get published, get noticed, and get profitable. Whether it’s starting or growing a business, becoming a career author, or leaving a legacy, we provide the coaching that will set them up for success.
This will be done through tracking author success checkpoints, continually improving our coaching program, improving course curriculum, contributing to other team meetings, and recommending author testimonials to our team every quarter. The Author Success Coach will work in tandem with our coaches, with our author success team, and with our community team to help our authors get their books published.
This role will be accountable for the following KPIs:
- 120+ Results per year- 75% of authors achieve the promised result of the program they’re in within 1 year
- 96+ Launch Call Sets per year – 30%+ of SPS authors renew into the next phase product
- 200 Monthly Coaching Calls Completed
You MUST be:
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- A self-starter who is obsessed with continuous improvement
- A team player who believes that the best things are accomplished through teamwork
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a systems thinker
- An experienced coach/strategist who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty, be scrappy, and execute quickly
- Ready for a challenge and excited to take ownership of facilitating virtual and in person workshops
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Have less than 2 years of coaching experience
- Have never facilitated a virtual or in person event/workshop
- Are not a team player
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach our authors to achieve our program promise within a year
- Give our authors a “Raving Fan” experience (Think Disney or Chick-fil-A)
- Work closely alongside other departments to help authors publish their book
- Continually grow alongside the coaching team by providing and receiving feedback through monthly call reviews
- Help improve current workshop/group coaching call structure and experience for our authors that lead to tangible results
- Full Ownership of the Workshop/Group Coaching Call Calendar and implement changes as necessary
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- Ready to work 45+ hours a week
- At least 2 years of coaching or strategic business consulting experience,
- Proficient tech skills
- At least 1 year of virtual/ in person event facilitation experience
- Perfect written English, excellent spoken English
- A proven track record of business coaching and facilitation experience with tangible results
- 1 year of sales experience
- Has published a book on Amazon
$40-65k; depending on qualification and experience + Incentive compensation (approx $700/mo).
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high-quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Self-Care on the company!
- This can also be used for items like house cleaning, massages, gym memberships and float tank therapy!
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Ability to earn into a revenue-based compensation structure after 18-24 months of full-time employment exceeding KPIs
- Newly unveiled company 401K plan with company match to help your plan and prepare for retirement
- Bi-annual team offsite retreats in really incredible locations! (i.e. We just got back from Cancun!)
- Access to the company training budget to expand your skills and become the absolute best version of yourself!
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you.
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out there.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. The big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Click here to watch the TEDx talk from our founder (Chandler Bolt) and learn more about the WHY behind what we do.Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699) 2019 (#1,483) 2020 (#1,944) and 2021 as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US. In the California region for 2020, we ranked #172, also by INC.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There are currently 34 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company’s core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employees’ favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast-paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility, and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, training, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired by the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here are our other sites: SelfPublishing.com, theWriteLife.com, TheBookDesigner.com, MakeALivingWriting.com, FreelanceWritersDen.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until September 6th, 2022. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: [email protected]