Customer Success Representative
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
Are you an extremely motivated person who loves helping people and serving others?
Do you aspire to serve customers from around the world in a meaningful and impactful way?
Are you someone who loves turning the “ordinary” into the “extraordinary”?
If so, you’re exactly who we are looking for: A magic-maker. A difference-maker. A life-changer!
Then please read on…
My name is Chandler Bolt, and I run an Online Education company called Self Publishing School. We help people write and publish books that grows their impact, income, and business.
We believe that “books change lives” and in “leveraged impact” (I talk about this in my TEDx talk here). We jump out of bed every day excited to change people’s lives through books.
If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the Customer Success Representative: Results Specialist position at Self Publishing School (or maybe you know someone who would be a fit). This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person.
You’ll have a front row seat (and major responsibility / autonomy) at one of the fastest growing companies in America (INC 5,000 2 years in a row – #1,483 in 2019).
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
The purpose of this role is to provide a Disney-level experience to Self-Publishing School students (we call our customers “students”).
As the Results Specialist, you will help SPS students get results with their book and/or business…by driving the Results Strategy (and implementation) that helps 75%+ of SPS students get results. Doing this will directly contribute to revenue growth for the company by way of referrals and renewals.
Every day, you will have the opportunity to provide students with a positive, personalized, and high quality experience with Self-Publishing School. You will be responsible for onboarding new students via Welcome Calls, providing efficient assistance to students via phone, email, and tickets, responding to positive and constructive customer feedback, and systematizing “Frequently Asked Questions” in the SPS Help Center.
You will also be accountable for three finance functions: Accounts Receivable, Write Offs, and Chargebacks. Doing this will directly contribute to revenue growth for the company by way of collecting overdue payments in a timely manner, writing off overdue accounts to ensure accurate payment projections, and protecting our merchant status by responding to credit card disputes in a timely manner (disputes are very rare).
The job is partly proactive, partly reactive. Day to day, you’ll be working with and continuously improving our CRM systems, playbooks, online courses, and the SPS Mastermind Community.
Facebook Mastermind Community systems include: developing/innovating creative ways to increase community engagement and longevity of MC membership (SPS+); moderating Facebook posts, setting up Weekly Live Group Coaching Call events, and other misc. duties inside the Facebook group.
Results Tracking systems include: contributing to product updates, defining success milestones / identifying bottlenecks for student results, improving email delivery sequences, and celebrating the success of students.
You’ll be accountable for these KPI’s:
- 10 or more Student Success Phone Connections per day
- 100% of outbounds made to students in AR
- Support Ticket First Response time of less than 12 hours
NOTE: This position full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have no interest in books (and using books to change people’s lives)
- Have less than 2 years of customer support experience
- Don’t have the drive and ability to self motivate
- Don’t have the emotional stamina to face a negative comment or two on a daily basis
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
At Self Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, attitude, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- At least 2 years of VERY high performance as a customer service / support / success rep
- A call-first mentality and experience communicating with upwards of 50+ customers per day online and on the phone
- Love to “wow” customers by optimizing Moment’s of Truth and designing processes / systems that are repeatable at scale
- Focus on root issues, light bulb fixes, and building bridges
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Have experience using Hubspot, Google Drive, Asana, Infusionsoft, Zoom & Facebook live
- One-to-many mentality, not just one-to-one
- At least 1 years of Customer Success experience at a company like AMEX, Disney, Southwest Airlines, Airbnb, or Zappos
- Experience in an online SaaS environment reducing churn and increasing LTV by identifying churn or refund risks
- Experience managing Facebook communities and Facebook Events for 50+ attendees
- 80+ WPM score
- Experience with online coaching programs and/or internet marketing
Roles and Responsiblities:
- Create a welcoming and engaging first-day experience for new customers by leading daily Welcome Calls on Zoom
- Create a “Best is the Standard” support ecosystem via tickets, chat, and phone to deliver a Disney-level experience for all SPS customers
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the customer journey (via NPS surveys and customer feedback) and contribute to product, coaching, and system improvements
- Develop strategies to increase community engagement and longevity of Mastermind Community membership
- Systematize “Frequently Asked Questions” in the Self-Publishing School Help Center by writing articles and recording walkthrough videos for customers
- Increase longevity of customer lifecycle by capturing success stories (testimonials) that can be provided to marketing to obtain new customers / upgrade existing customers.
$30,000 – $60,000+ ; depending on qualification and experience.
Part base, part incentive based comp. The pay is great and the sky is the limit, but only for success (aka. extreme revenue growth). All of the upside is in growing revenue quickly and aggressively.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! : )
- Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Participation in the company profit share after 18-24 months of full-time employment exceeding KPIs
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Click here to check out a video from our CEO Chandler Bolt to find out what it’s like to work at Self Publishing School.
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
We provide people with more opportunities, confidence & income through publishing a book.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Click here to check out the “explainer video” of what we do at Self Publishing School.
Click here to watch the TEDx talk from our founder (Chandler Bolt) and learn more about the WHY behind what we do.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699) and in 2019 (#1,483) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There’s currently 30 full-time, and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Click here to watch videos from our founder Chandler Bolt explaining the company Core Values.
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Click here to watch a video from our CEO (Chandler Bolt) on how we build GREAT culture on our virtual team at SPS.
Here is our blog: www.self-publishingschool.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: SelfPublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until October 17, 2021. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.
Have further questions? Send us an email at: email@example.com