Customer Success Representative
Check out the video below for more info on the position…
We’ll be accepting applicants until October 14, 2020. Be sure to apply before then.
Are you an extremely motivated person who loves helping people and serving others?
Do you aspire to serve customers from around the world in a meaningful and impactful way?
Are you someone who loves turning the “ordinary” into the “extraordinary”?
If so, you’re exactly who we are looking for: A magic-maker. A difference-maker. A life-changer!
The purpose of this role is to provide a Disney-level experience to Self-Publishing School customers (we call our customers “students”). You will help SPS students get results with their book and/or business… by providing an amazing experience and support. Doing this will directly contribute to revenue growth for the company by way of referrals and renewals.
Every day, you will have the opportunity to provide students with a positive, personalized, and high quality experience with Self-Publishing School. You will be responsible for onboarding new students via Welcome Calls, providing efficient assistance to students via phone, email, and tickets, responding to positive and constructive customer feedback, and systematizing “Frequently Asked Questions” in the SPS Help Center.
In this role you’ll also be responsible for some financial tasks like accounts receivable, responding to refund requests, and occasionally responding to credit card disputes. With this in mind, you’re the type of person that loves turning negative experiences into positive ones.
The job is partly proactive, partly reactive. Day to day, you’ll be working with and continuously improving our CRM systems, playbooks, online courses, and the SPS Mastermind Community.
You’ll be accountable for these KPIs:
- Student Results: 75%+ of customers achieve their product promise
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) Rating: 75+ & contact % of Promoters
- Referral Revenue: 10% of company revenue comes from referrals
- Renewals: 25%+ of customers renew their relationship with SPS via an additional product purchase
Simply put, when our students get results, everyone wins.
You MUST be:
- High energy / high EQ, with the ability to motivate people (help them overcome self-doubt)
- Excited and experienced to deliver top-notch customer support on the phone, via email / tickets, and online chat (think high-tier call center experience)
- Systems-oriented; a long-term decision maker; you’re not satisfied solving the same challenge more than once; you fix it the first time
- Excited to change lives, one author at a time!
NOTE: This position full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SPS is located all over the world, with the majority of us in North America. Preference for this position is someone working in the US or Canada.
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have less than 1 year of Customer Success experience, or less than 5 years of Customer Support experience
- Have never worked in an online environment / assisted customers online
- Have no interest in books
If none of these things can be said of you, then please continue reading…
At Self-Publishing School, we value work ethic, coachability, attitude, and past results you’ve delivered significantly more than your degree (or lack thereof), GPA, etc.
Have you delivered results in a similar role in the past? If so, that’s what we’re looking for.
That being said, feel free to apply even if you don’t “tick the boxes” below. Just be sure to mention that in your application + why we should consider you.
- Love to “wow” customers by optimizing what’s in place and designing processes / systems that are repeatable at scale
- Experience communicating with upwards of 50+ customers per day on the phone and online
- Focus on root issues, light bulb fixes, and building bridges
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Have experience using Hubspot, Google Drive, Asana, Infusionsoft, Slack, Zoom & Facebook live
- One-to-many mentality, not just one-to-one
- At least 1 year of Customer Success experience at a company like AMEX, Disney, Southwest Airlines, Airbnb, or Zappos
- Experience in an online SaaS environment reducing churn and increasing LTV by identifying churn or refund risks
- Experience managing Facebook communities and Facebook Events for 50+ attendees
- 80+ WPM score
- Experience with online coaching programs and/or internet marketing
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a welcoming and engaging first-day experience for new customers by leading daily Welcome Calls on Zoom
- Create a “Best is the Standard” support ecosystem via tickets, chat, and phone to deliver a Disney-level experience for all SPS customers
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the customer journey (via NPS surveys and customer feedback) and contribute to product, coaching, and system improvements
- Develop strategies to increase community engagement and longevity of Mastermind Community membership
- Systematize “Frequently Asked Questions” in the Self-Publishing School Help Center by writing articles and recording walkthrough videos for customers
- Increase longevity of customer lifecycle by capturing success stories (testimonials) that can be provided to marketing to obtain new customers / upgrade existing customers.
$30,000 – $60,000 USD; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high quality healthcare (for US-based, full-time employees)
- Bi-weekly house cleaning: get your house cleaned every two weeks, on the company! 🙂
- Work remotely: save $5K per year in commuting costs and 100+ hours each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Participation in the company profit share
ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING SCHOOL:
Self-Publishing School is an online education company that teaches people how to write, market & publish their first book in as little as 90 days.
Then we teach people to use that book to grow their impact, income, or business.
Our program is by far the best on the market which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about student results and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
Our company is driven by 2 unique viewpoints:
- It’s not about the book. It’s about what the book does for you. We believe that “Books Change Lives” and we believe in the power of “Leveraged Impact” (changing lives through books)
- In going through the process, our students learn a lot about themselves and conquer fears, challenges & limiting beliefs they never knew existed.
They’re also surprised by all of the opportunities that pop up once their book is out in the world.
The purpose of our company is to disrupt the publishing industry and show people that self publishing is not only an option, it’s the BEST option.
The publishing industry is broken. Big publishers are antiquated and inefficient. They take advantage of the people doing the hard work…the authors. Our company exists to show people there is a better way…
…a way that doesn’t involve: using a publisher, wasting 2 years of your life, giving away all of your creative liberties, giving away all of your book royalties, and relying on a publisher that doesn’t do any marketing for your book.
Self Publishing School made the INC 5000 in 2018 (#2,699) and in 2019 (#1,483) as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the US.
As we always say, “the best is yet to come”. We’re excited to continue climbing & growing thanks to our incredible team & customers.
About the team:
There are currently 29 full-time and several part-time team members at Self Publishing School working remotely from across the country and around the world.
All team members are “A players”, with a love and passion and a drive to do great work and make the world a better place.
You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here. People at SPS are passionate and excited about what they do!
About the culture:
Here are the company core values. We call it “The SPS Way”:
- Honesty & Integrity Always Win
- Fail Fast, Fail Forward, Fail Often
- Hard Work & Continuous Improvement
- Everyone is Responsible for Facilitating Change
- Best Is The Standard
Although the team is virtual at SPS, the culture is alive and well…often referenced as one of employee’s favorite parts about working here.
2-3 times a year the team meets in a unique city in the US (sometimes internationally) for a 3-5 day company retreat…planning the next quarter, connecting in person, having fun, and celebrating wins.
The environment is very fast paced, and high growth. The company is growing fast, meaning a high level of accountability, responsibility and autonomy for everyone on the team.
We’re constantly investing in the training & growth of our team members through book clubs, courses, trainings, and live seminars. All employees are given $15,000+ worth of training and continued education upon being hired with the company.
Since you’re working remotely, you can say goodbye to the dreaded commute (meaning more time for family & fun). This isn’t your average 9-5. Hours are somewhat flexible as long as you get your work done. That being said, due to the growth & pace of the company, it’s not uncommon to work 40-50+ hour weeks.
Because of the company’s growth & hiring needs, there’s a huge opportunity for advancement and promotion if you’re a fast learner.
Overall, the culture of the company is high growth, fun, empowering, and motivating, with support from a world-class team of people who love what they do.
In 2019, Self Publishing School was certified as a “Great Place To Work” by GreatPlaceToWork.com.
Here is our blog: www.newspsblogstag.wpengine.com/blog
Here is our main site: self-publishingschool.com
Here’s our other site: SelfPublishing.com
Think you’re a fit? Fill out the application below…
(We’ll be accepting applicants until October 14, 2020. Be sure to apply before then.)
*You must fill out the application below to be considered for the position. Resumes separate from this application will NOT be considered.